Monday, March 2, 2009

Sunday 1st March 2009

OK HI everyone, following this must seem a little stagnant at times, but that doesn't mean I am not training!

At 13kms my iPod froze up making me very cross, I wondered if my running data would be OK. As I clocked up another kms the iPod did call it out, but that’s all it was doing!

Yesterday was one of my long runs before the taper off period, 35kms and I have to say it was hard. at 24kms I was cruising and enjoying the fact that I had no aches or pains and felt like I could go on for ever.....at 25Kms I needed to seriously revise the feeling and started to find my legs hurting a little. I pushed on and the time seemed to elongate and those 5kms to 30kms took forever.

I had to walk a bit around this time and as I felt ready started to jog alone a bit more, but this was interrupted by the need to just walk....

Finally I made it home and completed the training distance of 35kms! My time was slower than I hoped for but I can do it again and get faster I hope.....

No comments: