Friday, March 20, 2009

Hello Friends and Supporters.

It’s well overdue this update and I feel very guilty that I’ve neglected this post.

I’ve been through a difficult couple of weeks on the training front as shortly after my 35km run I had severe pain in my knees. My initial thoughts were to rest and see how I felt after a couple of days. The pain wasn’t that bad when going about normal life, but excruciating when I tried to run. I gave it another day or two then ran after I took some Volterol. I didn’t feel a thing, but were they healed or was the pain being masked by the excellent Volterol? I decided to run without Volterol two days later and could only manage 1km....Houston we have a problem!

I went to the Dr who said I’d worn something out and it would heal , but over time and I should not run any more. Well until he said I could. Thing is I was now only two weeks away from the big day. I had Electro therapy and drugs and lots of prayer. Finally I went for a 5km run and after a slow start got settled in at a comfortable pace. I went out this week on Tuesday and Wednesday (the following two days) and felt good.

So on Saturday we will fly to Rome and collect my bib number – then eat some home grown pasta from the Worlds pasta capital. Sunday morning at 0600 we will eat breakfast and then prepare for the run at 0900.

No comments: